Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Craftin'

I've not been able to do a lot in the way of crafts lately, and it's been making me a CRAZY person! I love to be creative and when I don't have time to scrapbook or sew or glue or paint or color in a coloring book even I become grumpy (just ask Jay).

I have however gotten a couple of things done. Like our new stockings. The first Christmas that Jay and I were dating (16 years ago!) Me Ma helped me make him a stocking. When we were married I made me one to match, and when the kids were born I made each one of them one. I liked them at first but I'm tried of them now. I purchased this material to make a dress for a friend's little girl and I thought that the left over would make great stockings. I had our names embroidered then sewed them up. They were pretty simple to do and gave me my sewing fix at the same time! I think that they turned out pretty good. And the best part is that the are smaller than the old ones, it wont take quite so much stuff to fill them up!


I decorated this fun little tree in our entry that is decorated with little Rs. I'd like to make/buy some more to add to it, but like so many other things......maybe I'll get to it next year!


I also got these adorable Christmas coasters from a friend. They are just too cute to use as coasters! I just hung them each from a ribbon in the door way.


And since I haven't gotten much (any to be exact) scrapbooking done in awhile, here is a Christmas page that I did a few years ago. It's one of my favorites, I love Jackson's little behind in this picture. *I did get some of my latest pages posted here.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The stockings look great. And your friend who gave you the coasters must have great taste! (; Good idea to use them like that. Very cute!

Unknown said...

I today (once again) heard those dreaded words from our friend Kim: "Oh hey, Wanda .... I have something I want you to think about." I immediately felt my nose begin to "sweat", 'cause I knew she was well into one of her "artsy/craftsy" modes.

Lemme 'splain my situation. I'm already finished w/my Christmas gift giving "stuff" --- I'm already well into my "slave mode" at work. I'm pretty well .... set to go! I just wanna do what I hafta do --- not use my brain at all for a few days --- no "thinking" involved -- just "git er dun". No problem.

Well ....... that is not to be. LOL See --- I've spent almost this entire day thinking about a ... (catch this) DONKEY EAR PREDICAMENT!!!! You read it right, friends ---- a donkey ear predicament!

My name is Wanda ........ and I am a "KIMAHOLIC".

Jill said...

Your stockings turned out so great!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...