Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Get-Togethers!

I love this time of year!
Despite how exhausted I become and how busy we are, I love all the actives around Christmas!

Saturday the 6th was the Christmas parade and we rode on the Community Bank and Trust float (it was unbelievable cold). I think that Hailey stuffed more candy in her pockets than she threw out!


We went to the Community Bank and Trust kids party on the 7th. They hire a local magician and follow up with Santa. This year Sabrina got "asked" to help with a trick!
On Tuesday the 9th we went to the big Community Bank and Trust Christmas party. They have had it at the Runway Fishhouse for the last several years.
Thursday the 11th Jackson's Cub Scout Pack went to Habersham Retreat to sing Christmas carols and pass out Christmas cards that they made. He's just too cute in his uniform!

Friday the 12th we got together with the Sprinkles and McMullans for our annual supper and let the kids exchange gifts. This was also the evening of the incident with the Nerf gun and Turner.

On Saturday (the 13th if you've lost track) I went to Sarah's cookie exchange. Everyone had to bake 10 dozen cookies and package them in half dozen bags. I used a small star cookie cutter because I couldn't find my large one, I'm sure it's in a bag with playdough somewhere. Because my cookies were smaller (and I had 463 of them) I put a dozen in each bag.

Saturday night our Sunday School class went to the Dillard House for supper. I ate waaaay too much! But it was lots of fun, with great fellowship and an "exciting" bus ride!
Tonight was the Camp Agape supper at church. Hailey and I didn't make it because she has strep throat. YUCK!

3 comments:

Garretts said...

whew...i was tired just reading it. but it sounds like lots of fun...especially the Dillard House (yumm!)

i've heard of this Runway fish house and its greatness, but heard it was closed (is that untrue or do they only do private parties?)

P.S. - my email is laurag11@hotmail.com (in case you want to respond that way!)

Sarah said...

Love all the pics! Except for the one at the Dillard House b/c you can tell I ate wayyyyyy too much! (;

Unknown said...

I have *such* a strong urge to take a nap! LOL

Matter of fact ...... I think I zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...