Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cake Decorating and Gingerbread Houses Combined




Jackson had a Scout spaghetti supper and there was a cake decorating competition between the boys. Jackson was very concerned about decorating a cake, what you had to have and how long it would take. If one thing good came out of Hailey being sick it was that I was able to pick him up from school, head home and get busy with some serious sugar.


I baked him a cake (white cake from a box, of course) and put lemon curd between the layers (because that's what I wanted, and it's all about me ya know). Jackson did the rest, with very little guidance, and I am quite proud of him and how his cake turned out.


He used marshmallows to create a snowman and graham crackers to make a small gingerbread house. It was lots of fun and a huge mess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all ... I *love* a guy in a uniform! :) (First time I've seen him in his Scout attire!)

His cake (to me) looked GREAT! I think he did an outstanding decorating job! I guess though, to kids his age, a bright yellow cake w/sprinkles *would* have to take the "cake prize"! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...