Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Mother's Comfort

I can’t say that I have ever had a dream about my mother since she passed away 24 years ago. I’m sure that I had dreams just after her death, but none that I can remember. Last week I dreamed that I was sitting in our yard, making mud pies. Which is really funny since I was my current age of 39 in my dream. My mom was planting flowers. She came up to where I was and hugged me and said “don’t worry Kimber, everything will be OK. I love you.” It was a special dream that gave me an overwhelming since of comfort that I haven’t felt in such a long time. The kind of comfort that comes from a mother’s unconditional love.
The next night I went to my women’s Bible study group where we are doing Angela Thomas’ Brave. And do you know what we were talking about? Fear. Fear and how God offers comfort for His children. Get this, the kind of comfort that a mother gives her child. While always knowing this in my heart, to hear it the same day as waking up from a dream about my mother brought me even more comfort knowing that God was speaking to me. Speaking to me in a very loud, in my face, to my heart way.
I pray, dear friend, that if you need comfort from God right now that He showers you in peace. Just as He has done for me.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.  2 Cor1:3
 
I, even I, am he who comforts you.  Isaiah 51:12
 
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.  Isaiah 66:13
 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  Psalm 23:4
 
 

2 comments:

Garretts said...

How awesome to hear a precious word of encouragement from God through the mouth of your mother.

Thanks for sharing this.

Salena said...

This is beautiful...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...