Monday, October 6, 2008

Animal Science

This morning, as I drove down the road headed to school, our car was quickly engulfed by the fumes of a skunk which had certainly met an untimely demise.

Jackson: Do skunks only get hit in the mornings?

Me: Well Jackson, skunks are "nocturnal" which means they come out at night & he probably got hit sometime during the night. Skunks, opossums, raccoons and owls are all nocturnal animals.

Jackson: Yeah, I knew owls were "not turtles"

Hailey: I wanna watch Wiggles!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

lol...that's great!

Unknown said...

Your conversation this am w/the kids only reinforces my theory that w/children, the KISS approach just is the *only* way to go! A simple yes .. or no --- is about as much as they care to absorb. :) Hailey obviously didn't care to absorb *any* of it --- (but then, who *would*, when you have Wiggles on your mind, for crying out loud?) :)

(Can't *wait* for your Birds and Bees explanation to them. :):):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...