Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where We Are

*This is not one of my usual care-free, gross, light-hearted or silly posts. But this blog is about our family, which includes our trials along with the sticky boogers.

We've been facing a difficult time lately, along with some really dear friends. We are constantly reminding ourselves not to question God and the path that he has led us down. This is just part of our journey to where we are supposed to be so that we can be better servants for God. Last Friday a lot of changes took place where Jay has worked for 21 years. The hardest part is the not knowing and waiting to see what the future holds for our family. I am NOT a patient person, God is working on me in that area. I'm the kind of person that orders something on-line then turns around and says "I wonder if UPS will bring it today". This is part of Jay's devotional from yesterday, it really spoke to both of us and I wanted to share it with The Reed Family blog readers (all three of you!).
Life's Seasons
To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
....Just as God planned seasons in nature, He planned seasons in life as well. Life has its springtime, when we begin new things and look excitedly toward the future. Summer comes and we work diligently in the heat of the day at all that God has assigned to us. With autumn comes the fruition of things begun at an earlier time in our lives. Winter brings an end to a particular period in our lives. Sometimes winter brings hardship, but we remain hopeful, for another spring is just around the corner!
In God's perfect design for our lives, He has planned for times of fruitfulness and activity. He will also build in times of quiet and rest. There will be times when He asks us to remain faithful doing the same work day after day. But there will also be periods of excitement and new beginnings. By God's grace, we will enjoy seasons of harvesting the fruit of our faithfulness. By God's grace, we will also overcome the cold winters of heartache and grief. for without winter there would be no spring. Just as it is with the seasons of nature, these seasons in our lives work together to bring about God's perfect will for each one of us.


I also want to thank each and everyone of you who have said a prayer on our behalf and been so unbelievably supportive. Please remember not only our family but Sabrina and the hundreds of others that these changes will affect. It looks like this is going to be a long journey. We have the best friends and family ever!

I promise to post about something silly or gross soon.

5 comments:

Garretts said...

As one of your 3 readers (lol!), I certainly didn't mind the break from the silly or gross. I'm sure it would be hard to pretend like things are rough right now.
How awesome is our God that he brought that devotion to Jay at this very time? My heart and my prayers are incredibly heavy for your family. Uncertainty is just plain rotten, but continue to know that many others are petitioning Him on your behalf.
love ya sweet friend,
laura

Sabrina said...

Love you, my sweet friend! We can only pray and trust Him!

Sarah said...

So true, Kim. Everything, about the waiting being hard, and the trust in Him that everything comes in it's season. I read a blog the other day where the girl said she didn't like winter, but she realized without winter, nothing would bloom in the spring and summer. We have to have the bad to make the good, but it's hard to be in the bad for sure. I am praying for you!

kriswalls said...

Your family is so sweet Mrs. Kim! We love you and are praying for you guys! I share your impatience when it comes to waiting; I often have to pray for God to calm my spirit and sync up my timing with his. It's often easier to pray that prayer than it is too surrender my spirit, but I have to surrender to receive. Anyways, I hope you know you are loved and prayed for :)

Playing Sublimely said...

nice to meet you, enjoyed the visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...