Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009!

We always have supper on Christmas Eve at MeMaw & Daddy Ken's house. This year Santa (AKA Lee) and his helper (AKA Anna) stoped by too. Hailey and Allie decorated Gingerbread Men cookies. The Gingerbread Men kit was a Dirty Santa prize that Jay won, it was so nice of him to let the girls enjoy it and not keep all for himself. At about 4:00AM Christmas morning Jay ended up in Jackson's bed with him because he had had a bad dream. When I woke up at about 7:40AM, I thought "WOW! They let us sleep really late for Christmas morning." Then Jay informed me that Jackson had been laying in bed playing his "Dendo S", as Hailey calls it, for about an hour. The one thing that Jackson has been asking for was a skateboard and Santa came through. Jay is really excited about it too. I can totally see a visit to the Doctor/ER/Garrett home in our near future (for one or both of them)! Hailey got a bike. And it's pink. And it has a doll carrier on it. And it's pink. And it has ribbons from the handle bars. And it's pink.
Nick & Amanda always send the coolest gifts. These are just some of the more unique things they sent this year. I really wish they could have been here though.
One of my gifts from Jay & the kids was a flat iron. Why have I NOT gotten one sooner? I'll tell you why... I never, ever spend money on my self. (Now, I need a Bumpits!) Jay was so funny, when I opened it he said "and it's not from Wal Mart either!" I'm so thankful that he works with girls that know about these things. Anyway, as I was reading the instructions about how to operate my new 'beauty tool' I noticed this:

Seriously? It automatically shuts off in 10 HOURS? I'm not real sure, but I think, just maybe, that I'll be back home by then. And if I'm not, I've probably gone somewhere that I need to take it with me!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas, celebrating with your family this wonderful gift that God has given us. For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, a Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaisah 9:6
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...