Saturday, November 21, 2009

Meet Max

Jackson has been begging for a dog for some time now. I've stood firm in my conviction that I wasn't having a dog. I wasn't the slightest bit interested in potty training, chewing, dog hair, dog smell, absolutely NONE of it. God had other plans our family. About a week ago this adorable Jack Russell showed up in our neighborhood. After checking around, no one claimed him. He had a collar, but no tags so I started calling him Max. I know, kinda dumb for the one who said NO dog. But like I explained to Jay, we couldn't just call him "dog" could we? Jay called the vet to see about having him scanned for a chip and having him checked out. They told him that they did have an older man who had been looking for a dog with a similar description. I prayed for days that if Max wasn't supposed to be a part of our family that God would send him down another path before we became too attached. I explained to the kids that he had been some one's dog and that they may be missing him, they seemed to understand.

Jay took Max to the vet last night. They scanned him twice and found no chip, and they had no records for anyone looking for Max, the vet said "looks like you have a dog." At least I only had to go back on my word partly..... he is potty trained.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The potty trained thing is definitely a blessing. That's what just about did me in! Good luck with Max!

Garretts said...

can't believe you have a dog! jack will be so jealous!!

love your new profile pic in your sidebar.

kriswalls said...

Congrats on your new addition; he's a cutie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...