Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the fall colors and cool air. I love corn mazes and pumpkin farms. I love boiled peanuts and funnel cakes. I love football and post-season baseball. And we can't forget that my birthday and annual shopping trip are all part of this wonderful season!
Nothing says "fall is here" quite like the beautiful reds, oranges & yellows of the trees when their leaves change colors. One afternoon Hailey and I were pulling into our driveway and she noticed the small maple tree that is now blazing red.
Hailey: Mom, did we get a new tree?
Me: No, that's the same tree, it's turning colors because it's fall
Hailey: Did you get new colors for me?
Me: I didn't do it, God did.
It's so neat to see something for the first time all over again through the eyes of my children. While I've always loved the fall colors, they haven't seemed so "magical" for several years.
We spent a couple of hours at Jaemor Sunday with friends. Jaemor Farms is so much fun with loads of things to do, but man is it PACKED on Sundays! We went through the corn maze (but don't tell the kids it was the mini maze). We rode the hay ride. Jackson & Maddie slid down the big slide, a VERY big deal for Maddie. The kids abused some pumpkins. We ate boiled peanuts and funnel cake, yummy! But the very best part...spending a beautiful Sunday afternoon with great friends!





Hailey: Mom, did we get a new tree?
Me: No, that's the same tree, it's turning colors because it's fall
Hailey: Did you get new colors for me?
Me: I didn't do it, God did.
It's so neat to see something for the first time all over again through the eyes of my children. While I've always loved the fall colors, they haven't seemed so "magical" for several years.
We spent a couple of hours at Jaemor Sunday with friends. Jaemor Farms is so much fun with loads of things to do, but man is it PACKED on Sundays! We went through the corn maze (but don't tell the kids it was the mini maze). We rode the hay ride. Jackson & Maddie slid down the big slide, a VERY big deal for Maddie. The kids abused some pumpkins. We ate boiled peanuts and funnel cake, yummy! But the very best part...spending a beautiful Sunday afternoon with great friends!


1 comment:
Sounds like we missed a GREAT time.
We are looking forward to Halloween this year. Love you guy's!
The Sprinkle's
Post a Comment