Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Big Heart & Transition Words


Jackson has the biggest heart of ANYONE I know. He is kind and caring. He is loving and sharing. He is a special little boy. I've always noticed how Jackson seems genuinely concerned about other people. It is my prayer that he doesn't become bitter or cynical from the world around him.

Jackson's best friend at school is Drew. Drew spends most of his time in a wheelchair or on crutches, even though he does get around some without either. One afternoon when I picked Jackson up from school I asked him about his day. He said that he was on green (for some reason he thinks that all I want to know about). When he said that he pushed Drew in his wheel chair on the playground because he can't roll it in the grass I nearly cried. This week I was fortunate enough to get to go to Jackson's school to work their book fair. I went early and surprised Jackson for lunch. I waited in the hall for his class. When they came down the hall Jackson was pushing Drew. He was so excited to see me that he couldn't stop grinning and when he was supposed to turn left to head to the lunch room he nearly ran Drew into the wall with his big wide turn. Hey, I said he had a big heart not great wheelchair steering abilities.

At church he has been begging to put a stone up on the wall in choir (I really have no idea what that means, but OK). This week was going to be his turn. But when one of his friends got upset about not being able to put the stone up this week Jackson gave him his turn. I don't know many kids who would do something like that. Heck, I don't know many adults that would!

He's funny too! This week in his class room they are discussing transition words like next and then. When they had to use the words in a sentence Jackson said "We went to the lake then blogged about it." Guess the boy knows by now that his momma is going to blog about just about anything! I'm sure in a few years he'll hate it....but that's what mommas are for!

I love this boy!

1 comment:

Garretts said...

Okay, thanks for the Friday afternoon cry. What a sweet and precious son you have...with a very big heart!

Glad he's fully aware of the priorities around the house: Participate in activity and then blog about said activity!

And, Kim, you can't be surprised about his wheelchair steering abilities...this is your son, right? lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...