Friday, August 7, 2009

Second Grade & Happy Anniversary

Today Jackson began the second grade. Jay and I dropped Hailey off at Little Dreamer's then enjoyed our traditional first-day-of-school-breakfast at McDonald's with Jackson. This is the third year for us to go to McDonald's for breakfast so I guess it qualifies as a "tradition" now. Jackson was excited about his first day, seeing his old friends, making new friends, carrying his new backpack, all that fun stuff. I, on the other hand, was not as enthusiastic about this milestone....it's just another inevitable sign that he's growing up.


On another note....
Today is the 17th anniversary of mine and Jay's first date! Little did I know that he would be my absolute best friend ever. I had no clue that my life would be so full of fishing rods, boats, cameras, guitars and pure joy. I thank God everyday for blessing me with such a special person to share my life with.
*Posting this old picture is probably going to be the death of me! Also, I REFUSE to believe that I am the cause of Jay's gray hair!

THEN.....

NOW.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well .... this entire "growing up" thing is ... painful to me. Just *look at him*!!! I swear, it was just yesterday (well, maybe last week) that he was in his crib at the shop, pointing his finger at me ... and grinning all over his face! Can we go back there, please?

And oh yes, I remember when you and Jay were "courting" -- you brought pictures in for me to see (you were still working for Tom then) -- and it was pretty obvious that poor Jay didn't stand a chance! :) :)

Happy Anniversary of your first date! :)

Sabrina said...

Jackson has gotten so tall! I can't believe he's in 2nd grade!
Very cute picture!! You are not the cause of Jay's gray! Always blame the kids! Happy first date anniversary!
Love ya!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...