Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mom Fact #6

Kids WILL spill something on you if you are wearing white. And oh yeah, they have sudden, unexplained moments when they don't understand English.

Sunday we stopped at Dairy Queen for breakfast before church. I had on white pants. As Jackson reached across the table (for some still unknown reason) he knocked over a FULL cup of Pepsi. Right towards Hailey, me and my white pants. I had Hailey get out of the booth before it got on her dress, but I was trapped in the booth between the running Pepsi and the wall. I asked Jackson to run up front, where Jay was still waiting for our food, and get some napkins. He just sat and stared at me like I was speaking Russian. I got louder and louder and just before I had to use my someone-call-DFACS-voice a man from another table came with some napkins....well two napkins. But that was two more than my non-English speaking child. By this point the entire restaurant (does DQ qualify as a restaurant?) was aware of my plight and the white pants were saved. So the lesson learned: If you're wearing white make the kids sit at another table & learn Russian.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The following is not a "Fact" .. it is a "Law" (or should be). Moms cannot wear BLACK clothing until their youngest child is at least 5 years old -- whole lot of "spittin'-up" goes on in those first 5 years. Moms cannot wear WHITE clothing until their youngest child is at least 20 years old.

Now you know. :) :) :)

Sarah said...

Another moral to this story is to never wear white pants. It's just how I roll to avoid situations like this b/c they follow me like the plague.

Garretts said...

okay...so I'm rolling at the thought of you hovering in a booth at DQ on a Sunday morning (when it's always packed!) to avoid the pepsi plague!! Look on the bright side...it was Pepsi! Now a drop of spilled Coca-Cola would have been an even bigger tragedy!

Anonymous said...

OMG That is SOOO funny! NOW I will be able to work and have a good day! Thanks Kim!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...