It may have been an understatement when I said "Welcome to our family blog. It's just a small glimpse into our wonderfully chaotic lives". I've shared lots over the last 14 months, more than a small "glimpse". Probably more than Jay wishes I would have. But hey, we're all friends here. And sometimes "catastrophic" would be a better description than "chaotic". Today would fall into the catastrophic category. I think that I'll make that a blog label.
Jay and Grant left out bright and early this morning for a little fishing. When they got back Grant went on home, which he is now no longer allowed to do. I get a phone call from Jay about how he's home and he's going to get a shower and come pick Jackson up and "Oh, by the way, I had a little accident". Jay unhooked the boat trailer from the truck and went to move the truck. As he was pulling out of the driveway he notices the boat is rolling. Towards the house. I had to ask him several times if he was joking. Just between us, I still didn't believe him when I hung up the phone. I should've known that he wasn't joking. Jay never jokes. The good thing is that it's not as bad as I had pictured it being. The bad thing is Hailey's bedroom ceiling still isn't fixed! (If you haven't heard that story, you need to! It's a pretty good one too!)

And since it had to happen, I really hate that I missed watching him pull it out of the wall. He said that it wasn't easy. And I'm betting he was saying things like "dang, I wish I hadn't done this" and stuff like that you know.
Jay and Grant left out bright and early this morning for a little fishing. When they got back Grant went on home, which he is now no longer allowed to do. I get a phone call from Jay about how he's home and he's going to get a shower and come pick Jackson up and "Oh, by the way, I had a little accident". Jay unhooked the boat trailer from the truck and went to move the truck. As he was pulling out of the driveway he notices the boat is rolling. Towards the house. I had to ask him several times if he was joking. Just between us, I still didn't believe him when I hung up the phone. I should've known that he wasn't joking. Jay never jokes. The good thing is that it's not as bad as I had pictured it being. The bad thing is Hailey's bedroom ceiling still isn't fixed! (If you haven't heard that story, you need to! It's a pretty good one too!)
And since it had to happen, I really hate that I missed watching him pull it out of the wall. He said that it wasn't easy. And I'm betting he was saying things like "dang, I wish I hadn't done this" and stuff like that you know.


4 comments:
what a riot. Yes, it could have been worse. On behalf of your readers, let me be the first to say...thank you for sharing the castrophic events along with the chaotic ones. We're all better entertained for it!
Poor Jay!! But aren't you glad he did this one and not you!! It's always better when it's them! :)
Well .. dang! Doncha' *hate* when things like this happen? Big sigh.
But your "Hailey's bedroom ceiling still isn't fixed" jab --- was pretty "timely"! :) You're good, girl! :)
Park at your own risk!
Not responsible for vehicles left unattended.
Post a Comment