Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Combs & Kids Don't Mix

Jackson and Hailey were upstairs playing. A little too quietly. Jackson came running down in his usual panic, so I didn't think too much about it. Then he said Hailey has a comb stuck in her hair. What? Then Hailey came down. She wasn't upset. She was just kinda matter of fact about the whole thing. Apparently Jackson had been trying to fix Hailey's hair and this is what he ended up with.

I sat down with Hailey and began working on the mess. Then I QUICKLY discovered that we had a MAJOR problem on our hands. This comb was not coming out. At all. Hailey was very good, she never cried, and let me tell you I was pulling. Then as I began to realize that the comb was going to have to be cut out I began to get upset. Like hysterically upset. Lets face it people, it has taken her three years to get what little bit of hair that she does have. I was not ready for her to have it ALL cut off. Sensing my distress, you couldn't have missed it, Jay came to work on Hailey's hair. And work. And work.

Luckily Jay came up with the idea to break the teeth off of the comb and unroll her hair and I didn't have a total meltdown.

4 comments:

Ladybuglydia said...

It's always an adventure with little ones around.

Unknown said...

SUPERDAD to the rescue!!!

BTW: just be glad Jackson wasn't using scissors --- all 3 of my kids used scissors on each other's hair (and/or their *own* hair!)

Garretts said...

wow! I can understand your hysteria. You want her to get her first haircut on your terms not a plastic comb's!

BTW, what was in the bowl??

Sarah said...

Whew! Tragedy avoided!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...