I've never been one to make New Year's Resolutions. I tend to set small goals for myself throughout the year, like the kind that can be accomplished in a week or so. If I'm feeling really ambitious I might tackle something that would take a whole month!
This year is different though. While I'm content with my life I feel like if I challenged myself I would really enjoy the rewards.
#1 I'd love to learn more about photography, but the technical stuff is so boring! Aperture, ISO, white balance, file formats and F stops. I'm already lost!
#2 Like most people, I'd like to lose a few pounds in 2009. While I'm extremely happy about the nearly 50 pounds that I've already lost, I still feel like I could do better.
#3 Again, like most people, I'd like to do better about budgeting. Jackson is getting to the age where he understands money so I need to be a better example for him. A few days ago I paid him a dollar for helping me with some chores, he put the money in his pocket. The next day I said "where is your dollar?" He said "I left it in my pocket, can I have another one?" Wouldn't it be great if it was that simple! Hailey loves to pretend she's going shopping, she'll put her pocket book on her arm and say "I'm going shopping, I need $100" She could probably benefit from some financial education too!
#4 I need more time for ME. I don't really know how this is going to work out but my goal is to have more time for just me.
So as you see, I don't have great life altering resolutions, just plain ole everyday run of the mill ones. But, my hope is, by sharing them with you you'll help to keep me accountable in 2009. So see, it's not really up to me.....my success is dependant upon YOU! Wow, that makes me feel like I can conquer the world! Maybe next year.
This year is different though. While I'm content with my life I feel like if I challenged myself I would really enjoy the rewards.
#1 I'd love to learn more about photography, but the technical stuff is so boring! Aperture, ISO, white balance, file formats and F stops. I'm already lost!
#2 Like most people, I'd like to lose a few pounds in 2009. While I'm extremely happy about the nearly 50 pounds that I've already lost, I still feel like I could do better.
#3 Again, like most people, I'd like to do better about budgeting. Jackson is getting to the age where he understands money so I need to be a better example for him. A few days ago I paid him a dollar for helping me with some chores, he put the money in his pocket. The next day I said "where is your dollar?" He said "I left it in my pocket, can I have another one?" Wouldn't it be great if it was that simple! Hailey loves to pretend she's going shopping, she'll put her pocket book on her arm and say "I'm going shopping, I need $100" She could probably benefit from some financial education too!
#4 I need more time for ME. I don't really know how this is going to work out but my goal is to have more time for just me.
So as you see, I don't have great life altering resolutions, just plain ole everyday run of the mill ones. But, my hope is, by sharing them with you you'll help to keep me accountable in 2009. So see, it's not really up to me.....my success is dependant upon YOU! Wow, that makes me feel like I can conquer the world! Maybe next year.


1 comment:
New Years Resolutions. Hmmm. Sistah girl --- you (and I) are *not* .... what you'd call "long term planners"! :) 12 months... 52 weeks ... YOW!
#1: Think about taking a class in photography ....... once the kids are grown! :) You already have "the eye"/"the *feel*..for what looks good..and what looks *not* so good. The *technical stuff* -- yeah, I know how you really *want* it.. but.. there is the matter of having the "time".
#2: Weight.. (or the lack thereof)..I (for once) can't speak on this subject, 'cept to say... go back to the beginning. More water -- less food.
#3: Budgeting. DO NOT LISTEN TO ME ON THIS SUBJECT..cause see, I agree w/Hailey! :):):):) She *is* "Little Wanda"! :)
#4: More time for you. (Another one of those "when the kids are grown" issues. Sorry.
Big sigh! OK, I've done all I can to keep you accountable...and I'm exhausted! :)
Do the best you can with the knowledge you have at the moment.. and you probably won't be arrested. :)
And just in case no one has told you today that, so far, you are doing just fine .... allow me to impart this little news flash to you .... you *are* doing A-OK! :)
(And yes, I *know* I talk too much!)
Post a Comment