Friday, January 2, 2009

Granddaddy Joe

GrandDaddy Joe was a wonderful man who lived a wonderful life. He was special to everyone who met him, I was just lucky enough to be able to call him GrandDaddy.
I can only hope that Jackson will grow up to be as charming and caring as GrandDaddy Joe and that Hailey will grow up and marry someone as loving and genuine as him.
To all of you who said a prayer for him during his illness, I thank you. He's at home now and one day I'll get to feel the warmth of another one of his great big bear hugs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim, you *know* how I felt about your Grandaddy Joe. He was the epitome of everything I *thought* of when the words .. "true southern gentleman" .. were spoken. He *always* said just the right thing -- he *always* did just the right thing -- yet he was one of the funniest people in the world! He could make me laugh right out loud *anytime* he would tell me about his family! And he had a million stories! :) He never failed to hug me goodby and say, "Thank you, Wanda, for everything you do for my *chillruns*." (I never knew exactly what he meant by that -- but oh my, how I wish I could have one more hug from him ... and hear him say those words ... just one more time.) I grieve *for* you -- I grieve *with* you --- everybody who ever knew your Grandaddy Joe is a little/a lot diminished ... without him. It was an honor to have him in my life.

Sarah said...

You know you're in my thoughts and prayers. I will be especially praying for you tomorrow. Love you!

Jill said...

You & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...