Sunday, January 25, 2009

Does My Mom Have This Recipe?....She Does Now!

This morning was our (and by our I mean my) Sunday to fix breakfast for our Sunday School Class. I fixed sausage balls. I ALWAYS fix sausage balls, everyone seems to like them and Jay "has to have meat". I was trying to decide what I could fix sweet to go along with it. Amanda had the great idea to fix Monkey Bread. I haven't had Monkey Bread in forever!
This also happened to be mine and Sabrina's Sunday to teach Kidz Church so we gave some of the left over Monkey Bread and juice to the kiddos. You know just because we felt like we needed a little torture and wanted to give them sugar! The Monkey Bread was definitely a hit with them. Aubrey said "does my mom have the recipe for this?". I just laughed and told him that I'd be sure she got it. So here it is.

4 cans refrigerator biscuits (about 40)
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Pour sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag and mix.
Add biscuit pieces, several at a time; shake to coat well.
Place pieces in a buttered tube or Bundt pan until all are used.

Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in saucepan. Cool 10 minutes, then pour over top of biscuits. * No matter how much you are tempted, DO NOT lick the spoon, it'll burn the "you know what" out of your tongue!

Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Turn upside down to serve.

Now, go make that boy some Monkey Bread!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aubrey will be so excited. He even told D. tonight that we needed to make Monkey Bread. You made quite an impression on him!

Garretts said...

That is so funny! I can never get enough of this stuff when someone brings it to Sunday School.

Oh, I'm ready for you to bring back your meaningless polls! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...