We have two new additions to our family. After talking about getting A kitten for a while and finding out that a friend had five (a girl and four boys) that she needed to find homes for we went to meet them. Hailey was adamant that we would only get a girl, because "I don't like boys, I don't like penises". Ummmm, OK. TWO sweet little (boy) kitties came home with us that night.

Names didn't come easily, I'll have you know. I wanted to name them Maxwell & Bungalow Bill, but Hailey nixed those. Jay suggested Simon & Garfunkel, again, nixed. Finally it was decided that they would be called Ringo & Cole for the rest of their lives.

After being with us for a mere 36 hours Ringo had to make a visit to the vet for a fever and just feeling yucky. Then on day four, Jay discovered a wolf worm in Ringo's neck. I have NO words for that experience!! Not to feel left out it was discovered that Cole had tapeworms. GROSS. We purchased three little pills for a whopping $25 and a can of cat food to remove the tapeworms. Quickly after finishing their medicated treat Hailey scooped up the kittens in her arms and proceeded to march off. Jay asked her where she was taking them and she said "to their litter box, I want to watch the worms come out their butts".
I'm sure that there will be lots of kitty stories to share in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment