Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Punishment Fitting of the Crime

Jackson and Sydney are so much alike.  Sometimes so alike it scares me.  One Wednesday evening at church, all the kids were on the playground waiting on time to go to GAs & RAs.  Just like most nights when you have lots of kids together, the weather is fabulous and, most importantly, school is almost out things can get a little wild.  This particular night was no exception.  Hailey wasted no time in locating me to tattle let me know that Jackson had Syd's shoes and wasn't giving them back to her.  As I approached the playground I definitely got the feeling from the wild hooligans playful children that a parent was in the vicinity. 

"Jackson Reed!" I shouted, as he laid flat on his belly, on top of Syd's shoes and another child pounding on his back in a useless attempt to make him release the captive shoes.  Jackson, startled, "I was giving them back" as he jumped to his feet, tossing the shoes to the stranded Sydney on the swing.  "Sydney, don't put your shoes on" I instructed her.  The total confusion on both their faces was soon chased away with blood red heat when I told Jackson that he was to put Syd's shoes on for her.  NO! NO! NO!

Sometimes it's just downright fun to be a mom of an eleven year old!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...