This was my first attempt at folk art. I'm not sure if it just looks like kid art though.
The scene is from Jay's last hiking trip with Alligator Grant (doing his business in the woods), Jay and Pastor Eric (deep in conversation), Spencer (taking it easy) & Temple (playing with fire). I also took artistic licence and added Jackson who is holding the stick (because Jackson is ALWAYS holding a stick). The bear "visited" their camp site and left his "evidence" for them to find the next morning. Which I would find a little unsettling knowing that a bear had been so close and I didn't even know! And snakes are always one of Spencer's favorite hiking encounters so I couldn't leave it out. You can also make out the big dipper in the night sky.



2 comments:
encore, encore...a priceless piece for sure! keep up the painting!
How many hidden talents do you have? This is great!
Post a Comment