A couple of months ago I posted about the blessings that I was able to see during this adjustment period that we are currently in. You can find it
here if you'd like to read or re-read it. When you open your eyes, and heart, to what God has to offer it's amazing what you can see! Here are a few more things that God has opened my eyes to.
- Service to others. I guess with our busy schedules we left tasks for others to do thinking that we just didn't have time. This past week Jay was able to help a friend from church. This was something that he wouldn't have been able to do if he was still working, but God gave him the "time off" so that he could help. We were able to see how God aligns things so that blessings befall those around us. How wonderful to see His hand in someone else's life. What a blessing!
- My job. Crazy, right? A few weeks ago I was offered a job that I accepted and then after many prayers and tears (gallons and gallons of tears, it's just who I am) we realized that it wasn't what God wanted for our family. I'm thankful that I can bring my kiddos to work with me if I need to. I can leave work at the drop of a hat if I need to. The Hollow Log is their second home. Which isn't so bad, I've been hanging out there since I was nine. My decision to stay has led us to re-evaluate our situation and make other decisions about our future..... decisions that I'm very excited about! What a blessing!
- Summer time fun! What an amazing summer this will be for J & H! They'll get loads of daddy time. He is more of the "outdoor" parent so they'll get to do fun things like fishing and bug hunting. And from the looks of the house this past week he never tells them to pick up the things that get dumped in the living room floor or to make their beds or to sit and read quietly for twenty minutes. What a blessing!
- Fabulous friends! OK, I know that I used this one last time, but they deserve another shout-out! I have never imagined how rich and fulfilling friendships can be. I am overwhelmed by the love and generosity that has been poured out on us. What a blessing!
- The Ministerial Staff Search Committee that I'm serving on at church. It has allowed me to develop relationships with other church members that I might not have gotten to know otherwise. Not only have we worked together as a committee, but we've been able to share weddings, deaths, illnesses and injuries, job losses, house sales and purchases. All things that have deepened our friendships. It has lead us to a new Associate Pastor who, along with the rest of his wonderful family, has become a friend. Two blessings in one. What a blessing!
- Our Sunday School class and Dave Ramsey. The Sunday after the bank lost Jay we began Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover in Sunday School. It has really put things into perspective for us. Wow! We have plenty of our own sin in the form of debt, but by God's grace we will be freed from it and we hope to never walk down that road again! What a blessing!
I love that I am able see God working in our lives. I am thankful for this difficult time that we are currently in, for without it I might not (probably not) have been able to see or receive these gifts in our lives. God doesn't test our faith, but gives us opportunities to grow our faith. Because what would be the point if we just stayed where we are?
1 comment:
God definitely has a master plan, even when we don't see the whole picture!
Post a Comment