
So I haven't had a picture me {im}perfectly post in over a month. I would LOVE to tell you that it's been because I've done everything, well, PERFECTLY.
HA!
Here's one of my latest foibles, that may have scarred my child for life.
We were headed home from the grocery store last Friday when a storm came up out of nowhere. Not just some heavy rain. Not just a little thunder and lightning. Nope. We had hail. Lots and lots of hail. Large hail. I was kinda afraid that my windshield was going to be busted from it because it was so bad.
In an effort to get myself and the kiddos home safely I turned off the radio and cracked my window to "hear" anything that I might need to hear. Like tornado sirens or tornadoes. Keep in mind about two nights earlier we watched a special on the weather channel about the April 27th tornadoes where they interviewed a girl who happened to be videoing a tornado when it picked up her car and spun her around. I was a little overly paranoid to say the least.
Anyway, back to our story....
Jackson was in the back. Not just talking, but yapping. Non-stop.
"Mom, that was a big one
"Mom, look at that puddle
"Mom, it sure is loud!"
"Mom, did you see that one hit the windshield?"
"Mom, are we going home?"
"Mom, why are we going so slow?"
"Mom, there is hail on Hailey's window!"
After several unsuccessful attempts to get my child to be quiet so that I could focus I finally said it. Am I proud? No. Did it get him quiet? Yep.
Me: Jackson, would you please quit talking so that I can listen?
Jackson: OK, what are you listening for?
Me: a tornado.
That got his attention.
Thank you Capturing Motherhood for keeping me honest!
What did you do "perfectly" this week?



5 comments:
what a story! and at least you chose an effective way to get your son's attention! thank you so much for linking up! xoxo.
Hilarious!! I can just see Jackson's face!! Bless him!!
What a story! How scary! I hate driving in rain let alone hail. And I totally know what you mean, I have 3 kiddos and they all get an A for noise making ~ talking, singing, you name it. :)
We had really bad storms that day too! It is so scary when you are really trying to concentrate and there are 10 million questions. Or 10 thousand "mommas." We play "the quiet game A LOT" in my car;)
love it!!
Post a Comment