I went to the store to gather my ingredients only to find out that Ingles was out of MinuteMade lemonade concentrate (or any other brand of lemonade concentrate)! But they did have limeade concentrate, so limeade cupcakes it was!
I think that they turned out pretty yummy. They were "too sour" for Hailey, but what does she know.
1 box of white cake mix
3/4 cup limeade concentrate (or pink lemonade if you prefer & can find it)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 egg whites
Pre-heat oven to 350 and line muffin pan with paper liners.
Combine all ingredients in electric mixer and mix on low for 30 seconds, then crank it up to medium for another minute. I took out about half the batter and colored it lime green then added it back to the white batter to give the cupcakes a "swirled" look. You probably wouldn't want to do that if you use the pink lemonade concentrate..... unless you're looking to confuse people. But I'm not here to judge, so go ahead.
Fill liners about 2/3 full and bake for approx 25 minutes.
frosting:
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
3-4 tablespoons of limeade concentrate (this is more than the original recipe, I just like a lot of flavor)
pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients until combined. Then frost your cupcakes with big heaping gobs of this sweet goodness! And lick the beaters and bowl and knife and your fingers and counter top.... anywhere that you may have dropped some frosting.
I thought the straws were a cute touch (and did a great job of keeping the foil off of the top of the cupcakes for travel). Next time I think I'll add a little lime wedge and a maraschino cherry, cause I'm fun like that!
Recipe adapted from SweetTooth.



3 comments:
I am super impressed by that picture perfect frosting job. and anytime you want to make 24 sugary delights and bring them over here, go right ahead.
I was lucky enough to have one AND it was delicious!!! It melted in my mouth!!! Yummy!! :)
i agree with lindsey, i'm sure you could find some friends to help you take care of those cupcakes lying around.
this recipe looks so yummy and the straw is super cute!
p.s. and at some point, i'm going to remember to come by and settle up! i love your stuff too much to get on the bad customer list! :)
Post a Comment