Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Picture Perfect?



I know that God has a plan for us.

I know that God's plan is better than anything I could possibly hope for myself.

I know that God's plan will play out in His time, and not in mine.



Do you see this clock? Silly question, I know.

Do you see the hands moving? I don't either.

There are a couple of reasons why you don't see the hands moving:

#1 It has quit working and

#2 IT'S A PICTURE, silly.

I have to tell Jackson all of the time, "if you watch the clock it'll make it move slower."

Why can't I listen to my own words?

There is where my problem lies, or {im}perfectness shall we say.

A friend described me as "patiently challenged" last week!

Guess she's right, but thanks a lot!

Yes, I am the person who orders something online and turns around to say "I wonder if UPS will deliver it today?"

I know that God has other things to deal with, and not just me.

I mean, there are mother's trying to figure out how they will feed their children today.

There are families being torn by divorce as I speak.

There are friends who are facing loss.

There is my friend Heather, who stabbed herself in the leg with a screwdriver, Lord I pray that you watch over her and her new weed eater.

I'm not the only thing on God's plate right now. And I don't expect to be.

Just wish I could sit back and handle the waiting game a little better.

Psalm 25:4-5
Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me: for You are the God of my salvation; on You do I wait all day

Psalm 25:21
Let integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 37:7, 9
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him... Those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:34
Wait on the Lord and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land.

Psalm 62:5-6
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

Isaiah 30:18
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to how you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 49:23
You will know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for Me.

Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through CHRIST JESUS.

(A friend posted this last one on facebook. Isn't it cool that God even speaks to us through friends on facebook!)

OK, Lord, I hear your voice.

And it sings a wonderful song to my heart!

Just need a little reminding, and a less clock watching!

Thank you Capturing Motherhood for keeping me honest!

What did you do "perfectly" this week?

4 comments:

hill said...

thank you for this post and for linking up! i know i need to be reminded to wait patiently on Him!
xoxo.

Heart n Soul said...

patiently challenged...now theres a thought. Love it :)

Margie said...

What are you waiting for? Terrific husband in Jay. Beautiful children. Lots of friends. A church community to lean on - if you need to. You live in God's country - Northeast Georgia. You are so gifted artistically. Did you order something on line? Is it Christmas? It will be here in less than nine months. Just what are you waiting on? Dalton

Mommy Girl said...

God's timing is perfect. But I agree, it's so hard to wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...