Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Water Bottles & Michael Bublé

Most mornings involve a meltdown (or two). They usually involve one of the following:
Where are my (insert any article of clothing)?
Do I have to wear (insert any article of clothing)?
I don't want (insert any food) for breakfast.
I don't want to brush my teeth, I did it before bed last night.
I could go on and on. This morning's meltdown started with Hailey wanting water (after she saw me getting my water bottle out of the cabinet). So I fixed her a cup of water.... begin meltdown mode.

Hailey: I want my water bottle.

Me: No Hailey. I'm not going to dirty a water bottle for you to just have a sip, or to leave it in my car all day. You can drink out of this cup.

That was it, as far as I could tell, until we got into the car. Then the screaming fit really got going once she was buckled up. Jay misses all the fun. You would have thought that my water deprived daughter was going to die. After a threat of pulling over the car all seemed to be better. Then I started to turn into Little Dreamer's and meltdown number two began.....

Hailey: I want to hear that song!

Me: What song?

Hailey: I just don't know you yet song.

Me: The whole thing? We're at school.

Hailey: I have to hear the whole song!

Me: OK.
So we sat in the car at Little Dreamer's listening to Michael Bublé sing "Haven't Met You Yet". I guess it could have been worse, she could have had a fit to hear Hannah Montana or something. Luckily our kiddos have pretty good taste in music. Hailey loves Tom and Petty (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers), The Beatles (she likes Bingo Starr), and at bedtime she listens to ABBA and Jackson listens to Third Day.

I guess meltdowns are a pretty small cost for some big love that I get from my kiddos. After all, she did tell me that she loves me more than Charlie & Nitro (MeMaw & Daddy Ken's dogs) and that she loves my "great big ole butt". Yep, guess I'll keep 'em.

1 comment:

Addie said...

ha....hahahahahaha!

Thanks for another preview of my life in a few years, ha! I hope it also involves good taste in music!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...