Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mom Fact #5

Kids WILL embarrass you.

Before having children I only thought that it was possible for parents to embarrass their children. NEVER the other way around. Hailey proved me wrong at our last outing to Wal Mart.
We were the only ones on an aisle in the cosmetic department. Hailey was babbling. She never stops. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to what she was saying. My mistake. I was just trying to find my moisturizer and get out. Then as another shopper came down our aisle Hailey says:
Mom, did you poot?

Maybe this was my payback for pulling my Mom's tube top down in a restaurant when I was little. Whatever it is, kids WILL embarrass you!

*For the record, I did not poot.

5 comments:

Garretts said...

okay, i was already giggling...then i lost it when i read your "for the record!"

i'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to pay her back once she joins the ranks of middle school and all things mom are un-cool!

Sarah said...

That is hilarious! Of course, you really should just fess up to it since you were already embarrassed! I agree w/Laura, you will pay her back someday I'm sure!

Unknown said...

Isn't it strange? 99.9% of what a 3 year old says ... comes out as gibberish that *nobody* can understand? EXCEPT when they say things like, "Mama, did you poot?" THEN..for *some* reason -- everybody within 100 yards of you understands CLEARLY what the child just said!

Another of nature's wonders, isn't it? Or God's sense of humor. Or your mom giving you a little "payback poke"! :) Or... it could be that since she is so short -- she knew *somebody* pooted --- and just wanted to know if it was *you*! :) She *is* a very intelligent/inquisitive child, you know.

Unknown said...

*for the record --- those of us who *know* and love you ..... accept the fact it wasn't *you* who pooted.

Promise.

'Struth. We believe you.

Swear.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sabrina said...

Hilarious!!! Hailey is too funny!! I laughed out loud at work and everyone looked at me like I had lost my mind!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...