For the last two weeks there has been an obsession with a block of wood in our house, mostly on Jay's part. Jackson doesn't care about all the shaping, sanding, weighting, painting, detailing, aligning wheels & whatever else you have to do to them. He just wants to RACE it (oh, and it has to be blue)!
Today was the big day. I've never been to a Pinewood Derby, being a girl and all, so I had no idea how long this would be. I mean, how long does it take to race some cars down a track and see which one is the fastest? Apparently quite a while. It took two and a half hours! But it was fun to watch the kids and visit with the other parents.
Jackson raced against Charlie in his first race and lost. I thought that meant he was out, you know I've never been before. While I was very happy for Charlie I thought it kinda stunk that Jackson was out first round. What do I know? Well he raced several more times and came in first in all his other races except one. Which means.....Jackson came in third place for the Tiger Cubs! He's so proud of his trophy. And I never knew how much fun you could have with a trophy. Did you know that you can lay them on the ground and stop other kid's Pinewood Derby cars with them. What a blast! It means a breakdown for Dad, but a blast just the same!


No comments:
Post a Comment