Friday, August 8, 2008

I Can’t Believe it’s FRIDAY!

Jackson has had a very busy last week of summer.

Tuesday morning we got to have a little time together just the two of us. After dropping Hailey off at Little Dreamer's, we went to McDonald’s for breakfast. That was great! No eating in the car. No hurrying to get somewhere. Just us, sharing breakfast. By the way, in case you were unaware of it, you can get Happy Meals for breakfast! Then he went with me to vote. After voting I took him to the Carter’s house to spend the day with his best friend Charlie. They met the McLendons and swam all afternoon. Wednesday he went with his class at Little Dreamer’s to see a movie then we went to Cornelia Elementary’s open house. Jackson will have two teachers this year and I’ve heard lots of great things about both of them. We made a couple of stops while we were at the school and before we left we had Jackson show us where his room was…and he went straight to it! I was quite impressed, since sometimes I’m not real sure he’s even on the same planet as us – I guess this is just six-year-old-boy stuff! On Thursday Little Dreamer’s celebrated the last day of summer vacation with water activities, a party & lots of games. I’m so thankful that he was able to spend his summer at Little Dreamer’s. They did lots of fun things, went on lots of field trips and he was in a loving Christian environment. I couldn't ask for anything more!

And now it’s Friday, the first day of first grade. He made it in OK, not that I really doubted he would. He hung up his backpack and started on a coloring sheet before we even left. He was very exited about his new room, his new teachers & making new friends. I hope he’ll still feel the same Monday morning!

1 comment:

Garretts said...

Another summer in the books! Unbelieveable! I hope to see you tomorrow at Sarah's party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...