Monday Jackson started Homework Center. It’s been WONDERFUL! He’s enjoyed spending the afternoon with friends. They have a snack, play games and play on the playground. When he starts to have actual homework they’ll help him with it. It’s been great for me too. (Yes Wanda, as we all know, it’s all about me anyway!) Jackson was coming to the shop every afternoon. He’d spend two hours whining about having to write or not liking anything that we had for a snack. By the time we would get home I was ready to bathe him and put him to bed. And 5:45 is just too early; he’d never sleep all night!
We’ve been up late watching the Olympics every night. So I’ve been a walking zombie everyday. I mentioned in my last post that Hailey loves the gymnastics, but Jackson wants to learn to play volley ball.
I thank God daily for their continued health.
MC, GrandDaddy Joe, Daddy, Jay & Allison
Then there are those that fought hard & I think of daily
Momma, Me Ma, Tom L. & Lew W.
(This is such a great pic of MC, he's such a "cutie". He probably wouldn't like me saying that though. You know, too cool and all! Hailey was not about to smile for me)
Another note about MC: He is the walking, talking, breathing 16 years that Jay & I have been together, he was born one week after our first date! OH, MY! Now I officially feel old!
*Yes, I am aware that I am rambling in this post. Deal with it. That's why you love me!


7 comments:
Who is that cute boy next to Jackson? He's precious! (:
I will send food to your house if you need while you get your laundry done.
Love the song! Gotta love the Bangles! Next we can Walk Like an Egyptian!
Thanks for sharing the photos of the laundry. I typically make it one step further...I get it folded, but it takes a week and half to put it away!
Rambling? *I* didn't notice you were "rambling" ---- don't you talk to *everybody --- all the time* like this? I'm joking!!!! Kinda. :) :)
I *love* the pictures of the kids, of course ---- already feel like I haven't seen Jackson in six months. And as for seeing Hailey again -- ever in my lifetime --- big sigh --- it is just not gonna happen, I guess.
Oh well (she whines... and sighs again.)
Would not have recognized MC had I met him on the street! What a handsome guy!
And Sarah -- if Kim doesn't take you up on that "free food offer" --- *I* sure will! :) I'll even dust off my stove if you need me to! :)
Glad you found time to Blog, Kim --- and thanks for this weekend.
Wanda,
I just promised Kim I would take care of her kids if something happened to her. Since Jay doesn't think of dinner in a timely manner! (:
But, if we ever find you under a pile of laundry like that I will gladly send food.
I still think we should split a maid!
I had not remembered that M.C. was born at the time you two started dating. As for the laundry, I would not mind folding it. I like to fold laundry, but, hey, don't everyone sign up. Doing the laundry is one of my favorite household chores. I do not like to cook and clean up the kitchen,however, I don't realy mind handwashing dishes. I do hate to empty the dishwasher. Fortunately, i don't have to use it very often, since it is only me. Love you all. Mom, Lil, Granny
Thank goodness I'm not the only one whose laundry looks like that! I can't stand housework!
:-)Monica
Post a Comment