Friday, July 11, 2008

TOM PETTY

We saw Tom Petty Wednesday night at the Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta. It was a GREAT concert! Steve Windwood opened and I really could have done without him. Not that I don't like him, he's become very "jazzy" and that's just not my style.

We got there at about 5:30 and the gates opened at 6:30. It was cool and breezy so we didn't mind standing around waiting, until it began to rain. Well, it was less like rain and more like a monsoon! There are two things that I just wouldn't have expected at an outdoor concert in July, rain & cold! It quit raining about the time that Steve Windwood came on and just drizzled off and on for the rest of the night.

It was so fun people watching, one of my favorite things. There was a girl in front of us dancing the entire evening. I think that she must have learned how to dance from watching Elaine on Seinfeld! When the concert was almost over two girls came over and asked if they could sit in the empty spot beside us, I said sure. Then they pulled out their pot and lit up. Jay wigged out! It was so funny, he told them "If you're gonna do that you need to go somewhere else". The two girls looked kinda puzzled and said "yes sir" and left. The sir part just cracked me up, but hey he was old enough to be their dad!

We didn't get home until after 1:00 am and I was totally useless on Thursday, I'm just now starting to get back to my normal level of uselessness now!

By the way, for those of you who where at the Super Bowl party ..... I stand behind my statement about Tom Petty!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

He is still as ugly as I remembered! Glad you had fun though!

Unknown said...

The guy always has looked like a living/breathing/walking/money making .. cadaver, bless his heart. :) And hmmmmmmm ---- remind me to ask you what "statement" you made about him at the Super Bowl Party! Musta' been a lulu! :)

How come I'm not hearing music? Did you decide against adding that "feature"? And yes ... I *do* have my sound on! :)

Kim said...

Have you checked the batteries in your hearing aid? Something must be wrong with Martha! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...