Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our Eastern Box Turtle



On Jay's way to work Monday, he saw a turtle in the road. He thought that Jackson would like it and figured if he left it in the road it would surely get hit by a car and die anyway. I love the way he thinks, so positive. He took the turtle back to the house and went on to work.

That afternoon when I got home with the kids Jay showed them the turtle that he saved from a positively certain death. Jackson loved watching the turtle "play" on the deck. I'm sure the turtle was trying to get away and reclaim his freedom, however Jackson believed that he was playing so that's what we'll go with. He even picked the turtle up! Hailey watched from a distance, either standing in a chair or clinging to my neck. She was really funny, she'd point and say "derdal" and laugh hysterically.

After a few hours of entertaining our captive house guest. Jay and Jackson let him go. I'm pretty sure that the turtle was as relieved as I was.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We did the turtle thing too last year when D. saved another from certain death. Maybe a turtle has a death wish and our husbands keep thwarting it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...