This past week has been a whirlwind of activity! I'm not too upset about saying that thankfully it's over! No, really, it was a lot of fun, just crazy. We've had one thing after another and I was barely able to finish one day before the next one started.
- The week started out with Hailey being sick. Nothing major, a fever, otherwise she was great.
- We went shopping Memorial Day for a few items for the beach! The countdown has begun!
- Tuesday evening Jackson's baseball team had their team party and all the kids received their trophies. (I hope to have the pictures posted on J&H soon)
- Water day at Cornelia Elementary was on Wednesday.
- The kids sang at church Wednesday night. Kindergarten graduation on Thursday morning. The first annual Mountain Bulldog Club meeting Thursday evening.
- The season finale of LOST. Oh, my word! Did you see it? I can't wait for next season!
- Friday was the last day of Kindergarten for Jackson.
And when there was a few minutes in between all of these activities we (and by "we" I mean "I") worked on reorganizing Jackson's room & playroom from the F5 that hit it. Oh yeah, the upstairs AC went out which required two trips from "Lyin' Ed" (he's really a GREAT guy and we are so lucky to have found him!).
Today was a great day! It was the first Saturday in months that we didn't have anything that we had to do or anywhere that we had to go. We took the kids to Lake Hartwell and just relaxed on the dock. It was Hailey's first time in the "big boat". She wasn't too crazy about all the wind in her face. On the way home we picked up Bar B Que Shack for supper. It was a GREAT day! By the way, the AC was out again when we got home....80 degrees upstairs!


2 comments:
A marathon! Your entire *life* is some kind of flippin' MARATHON!! :) Guess there is no point in reminding you that (rotten person that I am) I already "been there, done that" ---- and survived. (Well, "survival" can be relative ---- 'cause see, life after kids left me "physically" OK -- but "mentally" --- would you say that "scarred" would pretty well cover it? :)
BTW: Right now it is 78 degrees... in my downstairs living area (where Martha is). Larry broke the arm off my Savannah Bird Girl .... and he has begun to let me know what his plans are for the *first* load of mulch he had delivered! WAAAHHHHH! Soooooooo glad you had such a great day! WAAAHHHHHHH!
Hi Berly!
Sorry it's been so long since I've been here, but now you're bookmarked, so I'll be here often. Have a good day, and I'll talk to you soon!
Post a Comment